Monday, October 29, 2012

Google Apps 1st Qtr

Using the idea of flipping the classroom the business department has successfully opened the first student run school store in the Grosse Pointe School District.  With students learning hands on in the store I needed a way to pass along the information available in the text book as well as assess what they are learning individually outside of the classroom.  Google applications has provided me with the media to do this.  As of right now I am simply posting PowerPoint slide shows, review assignments and case studies to a Google website which I created.  I am able to house all of my documents and presentations on Google drive which allows for access to these from any computer or hand held device with an internet connection.  Students seem to be responding very well to this. The only issue I am having is having to use class manager to collect the assignments as I am trying to go paperless.  This simply creates an minor hassle for students having to email the assignment to themselves and upload it sometime during their school day.  Housing the turn in folder in class manager doesn't allow me to grade any of the assignments outside of the building.  My goal for the second quarter is to learn how to have students turn items in through Google drive so that these minor inconveniences will no longer exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment